We are looking for talented bloggers to participate in a scavenger hunt program to raise awareness for calcium-fortified foods. The requirements for the program are partially listed below and fully detailed in the program contract.
There is no specific brand being highlighted in this program, but rather it will highlight the products on the market that are calcium-fortified. Participants will receive a list of products/brands that are calcium-fortified to “discover” at their local grocery store (a la scavenger hunt).
One of those items will need to go into a post, with a serving suggestion, but there is no recipe development required (for example, it can be a simple sandwich or a snack break with cookies or a snack tray that features crackers). The focus is on the message that moms can be guilt free knowing that their kids are getting a full serving of calcium in each serving of these products. (Also, this is mineral calcium, NOT a dairy derivative.)
Here are several of the product options you are able to highlight:
- Subway: “the calcium included in each 6-inch serving of bread has the nutritional equivalent of one glass of milk”
- Sara Lee Soft & Smooth White made with Whole Grain Bread: “2 slices provide as much calcium as an 8 oz glass of milk”
- Nature’s Own Whitewheat: “Whitewheat® bread contains 360 mg calcium per serving; Milk contains 270 mg calcium per 8 oz serving”
- BallPark Pre-Sliced Burger Buns: “good source” of calcium (as defined by the FDA)
- Schmidt Old Tyme Honey Wheat English Muffins: “excellent source” of calcium (as defined by the FDA)
Fun Fact: Did you know the FDA considers a food in which 1 serving delivers 25% daily value of calcium to be an “excellent source” of calcium, and a food in which 1 serving contains 10% daily value of calcium to be a “good source” of calcium?
This program contains the following elements:
- themed post featuring approved product(s) (calcium-fortified foods).
- brand messaging
- social media sharing
For more information on the deliverables please review the contract for this program.
Draft Due Date: May 22, 2017
Publish dates: end of May 2017
Deadline to apply: May 15, 2017 (or until we reach 40 qualified applicants).
Please note: Before you apply, you must thoroughly read and be willing to sign “No More Mom Guilt” Scavenger Hunt Program Contract if you are selected. The application form is embedded at the bottom of this page and can also be found here.
Requirements and Guidelines
Qualified candidates will meet the following criteria:
- 100,000 – 200,000 UPV;
- parenting/mom focused niche/perspective as well as a focus on food;
- must be willing to sign “No More Mom Guilt” Scavenger Hunt Program Contract upon acceptance into the program.
Please refer to the “No More Mom Guilt” Scavenger Hunt Program Contract for further details on requirements, deliverables, timelines, and additional program information.